- 200 gms Carrot
- 50 gms small onion
- 1 tbsp Chana Dal
- 1/2 tsp Ginger
- 3 Dried Red Chillies
- A small piece of Tamarind (approx. 1/2 tsp)
- 2 tsp Oil
- Salt to taste
- Heat the oil in a pan, Add chana dal and saute it until they are golden brown. Remove from the pan and keep them aside.
- In the same pan, add red chillies and fry for a few seconds and set them aside.
- Then add the grated carrot to the same pan and saute on a low flame till it shrinks and raw smell leaves. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- In the same pan, add a teaspoon of oil. Add the chopped onion and saute it until the onion turns light brown.
- Let them cool .
- Grind all the sauteed ingredients along with tamarind, salt and ginger.
- Add required water and grind to a paste.
- Heat oil in a pan for seasoning. Add the mustard seeds and urad dal and let them splutter.
- When they are brown, add the hing and curry leaves and turn off the flame.
- Add the seasoned ingredients to the chutney and combine.