Ada Pradhaman is a delicacy from Kerala
- 50 ml Ghee,
- 5 cardamoms,
- 1 tablespoon of sugar,
- 2 tablespoons of raisins,
- 10 cashew nuts,
- 1 and half cups of grated coconut
- 200 gms of jaggery
- 100 gms Ada.
- Heat two tablespoons of ghee in a frying pan and lightly fry the ada .
- Grind the cardamom and sugar together and make a fine powder, sieve the mixture and set it aside for later.
- Wash the raisins and dry them.
- Again heat two tablespoons of ghee in a frying pan and fry the cashew nuts and raisins until they gain a golden brown colour.
- Soak the grated coconut in 1 cup of warm water.
- Then grind and extract thick milk from the soaked coconut.
- Repeat the above process and make a second coconut extract and place the extract aside.
- Break the jaggery into smaller pieces, and make a syrup out of it ...strain it
- Cook the ada in boiling water. Cook till it becomes soft... strain it.
- Now add the Jaggery syrup to the ada and keep cooking until the mixture becomes thick.
- Add the second extract of coconut milk..cook it medium flame
- Once it thickens add the first extract coconut milk.
- Stir well and then mix the fried cashew nuts and raisins to the cooked mixture.
- Stir well and heat Ada Pradhaman mixture without boiling the mixture
- The cardamom mixture be sprinkled on top of the Ada Pradhaman and serve the pradhaman at room temperature.