In the summer, we often feel drowsy and lethargic from environmental issues such as heat or sun. When we feel extremely sleepy, this often leads to the actual falling asleep at the most inappropriate times. But there is a way to avoid that laziness and that is to tackle it with the right type of food. There is a specific type of food for every season and summer is no different. By eating the right type of food you can keep that lazy sluggish feeling at bay. Here is a list of food that you should have to remain active throughout summers:
Foods to avoid:
As there are foods that can keep you ticking throughout the day, there are also some foods that can increase your lethargy. So try avoiding the following food.
- All proteins and carbohydrate combination like rajma (kidney beans) rice, kadhi chawal, chicken and nan, rice and curd.
- All maida (white flour) based foods like white bread, pasta, noodles, macroni, nan, kulcha, pizza, burgers etc.
- All Sooji (semolina) products like sooji rusk.
- All corn based products like tortilla chips.
- Sugar syrup based products like sweet aerated drinks, preserved juices etc.
- Heavy fried food (as it heats the body and generates gas in the stomach)
Instead of three heavy meals, look for small 4-5 meals with fresh fruit salad and sprouts kind of food. Take adequate water or nimbu paani (lemonade). Cutting down abruptly on fried and junk food will keep the digestive system healthy and happy. Reducing the intake of meat products and Caffeine based product will be very health friendly. Following some of these tips not only will keep lethargy at bay it will also make summers more bearable!